Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Christopher Nolan is awesome

I just had to post something about this.   Christopher Nolan is definitely one of the best directors of all time.  I have seen all his movies and I am impressed that upon repeated viewings, I can find nuances that contribute to the story as a whole.    That is what impresses me about him.  Plus his stories and ways of telling stories are so incredible and original.  His casting is spot on as well.  

I just watched Inception for the twentieth or so time this past weekend and still marvel at the details of it.   I have the date of the The Dark Knight Rises release on my calendar and it is over a year away.    I don't know why every person in Hollywood is not clamoring to work with this man.   At some point I will have to blog about my musings on what he has done with the Batman franchise, as well as the originality of Inception.

His moviemaking almost inspires me to go back to graduate school and write a dissertation about his work. I mean, his work is not just entertaining, but smart and thought-provoking.   Maybe I should have called this blog "How much do I love Christopher Nolan's work?"   There is a website called Nolan Fans, and those guys seem much better connected to Nolan and information regarding Nolan than I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment